Tuesday, September 26, 2023

A Couple of Flintstones Model Sheets

 I shared these on my personal Facebook the other day, but I'm sure these will be of interest to all of you, so here they are. These are a couple of model sheets from The Flintstones that aren't too easy to find online. These are pulled from the Cartoon Network website circa 2001, which had a great section at the time known as the "Department of Cartoons", which showcased storyboards, model sheets, and video/audio clips of CN shows old and new. A lot of these, most notably the audio and video clips, seem to be lost to time, but most of the images survive. Look below to see some sheets for Fred, Wilma, Barney, and Betty! I especially love the page dedicated to showing the do's and don'ts of drawing Fred.





As an added bonus, here's some additional artwork done for "The Flintstone Flyer", the first aired episode of the series (second in production order). These also come from the old CN website. If you want to see more, you should definitely check out the website from around this time, which you can do with some help from the Wayback Machine. I plan on posting more stuff from it in the future, but if there's a certain series you'd like to see more BTS of, give it a try!





Before I wrap this up, I suggest you also check out my list of recommended blogs, as I have made several new additions. Some of them I really should have added by now, and others are completely new to me, but all of them were suggested by Kamden Spies, who you may know from either his work over at Cartoon Research, or his own blog, Termite Terrace Headlines. If you've never heard of him, check out both, and of course, check out all of the blogs in the aforementioned list. Many were inspirations for me to start this blog, and they are all great resources for those interested in learning more about classic cartoons, Hanna-Barbera or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment