Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Rubies Flintstones Latex Masks

 I shared some old and rather odd-looking Jetsons masks from Ben Cooper this past week, and today, I think I've found a pair of masks that might have them beat in the creepy department. From 1994 and produced by Rubies, here are latex masks of Fred Flintstone and his partner in crime, Barney Rubble. 


While these do look a lot more like the characters than the Jetsons ones, I feel they lack the charm that a lot of the Ben Cooper costumes had, and that's not even getting into how uncanny they look. The Flintstones don't seem to translate that well to the world of Halloween masks, especially those made by Rubies, whose masks I feel are usually of sub-par quality. And you gotta love the eye holes being slightly under the actual eyes, a Rubies staple if I've ever seen one!

No comments:

Post a Comment