Monday, July 8, 2024

Photography With Yogi Bear

 I feel like it's been a while since I shared some strange Hanna-Barbera merchandise, so how does a camera bolted into Yogi Bear's mouth sound? Released in 1975, this is a Yogi Bear 126 film camera, made in Hong Kong. While I like the idea, the execution is pretty lacking. I know I know, this was probably as good as they could do back then, but I can't get over how his tongue just cuts off where the lens is. I feel it would have looked better if they just had his mouth be a pure black void. You also gotta love the packaging, showing Yogi using the camera. Seems like someone's got a pretty big ego!



Here's what the camera looks like out of the box. The camera doesn't look as jarring here, but the side of Yogi does. Honestly, when I first saw this, I thought it was some weird bootleg toy. Could you really blame me though?




No comments:

Post a Comment