Friday, July 19, 2024

Video of the Week: Fred Flintstone's a Pepper Too!

 This week's featured video is a strange one for sure. This is a TV commercial from 1980 for Dr. Pepper, a soda brand I really don't think I need to explain to anyone. At first, it seems like your standard eighties commercials, and it is, but look who appears during the commercial's final seconds. It's everyone's favorite caveman, Fred Flintstone, who proclaims that he, too, is a pepper! Joining him in the celebration is Jimmie Walker, best known for his role on the sitcom Good Times, and the lead of An American Werewolf in London, David Naughton. Naughton was essentially the mascot for Dr. Pepper at the time, which makes me wonder if any of my readers remember this particular ad campaign?



1 comment:

  1. As of this typing, I am virtually 56 years old. I remember that particular ad campaign.

    ReplyDelete