Tuesday, August 13, 2024

The Yogi Bear Ball Toss Game

 Here's a fun little game I learned of through an Instagram post recently. Below is a ball toss game themed around Yogi Bear, released by Transogram. They were the makers of many toys and board games from 1951 to 1971, with several being themed around the Hanna-Barbera characters. The objective is pretty simple: throw the balls into Yogi's mouth, and whoever scores the most points wins. Below is the packaging art, featuring some odd-looking children playing the game. Also note the art in the corner noting that this is inspired by Huckleberry Hound, as this was before Yogi got his own series.


Now, here's what the game looks like. He's got quite the smile if you ask me. I love the buck-teeth, and how it looks like he's got freckles. Yes, I know Yogi is typically featured with whiskers, but here, they look a lot more like freckles. Overall, this is a pretty odd piece of early Hanna-Barbera merchandise (which is saying a lot honestly), but I love stuff like this and I hope you guys do as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment