Monday, August 17, 2026

Quick Draw McGraw Heads to Blu-Ray

Before you say anything, I'll answer both the questions you're probably thinking. Yes, you are reading that headline right, and no, this isn't a late April Fools joke. After literal decades of fan demand, Quick Draw McGraw will make its home video debut on September 29th. 


The set will retail for $40, and, as the packaging mentions, includes all 45 half-hour episodes, newly remastered for this release. That means that not only do you get the entirety of Quick Draw McGraw, but also Snooper and Blabber and Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy as well. This will also include a featurette titled "The Good, The Bad, and The El-Kabong", which was previously seen on the "Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960's Volume One" DVD set. These sets were also the only time episodes of Quick Draw had been released up to this point, funnily enough.

If you've followed this blog or other HB-centric sites like Yowp's blog, you're probably more than aware of the issues that got in the way of previous attempts at bringing Quick Draw McGraw to home video. There were several reasons, music licensing being the main culprit, but it looks like those problems have finally been solved. It's kinda wild to me, but in a good way. When this blog started, the idea we'd get something like this or Huckleberry Hound released on Blu-Ray seemed like a pipe dream. Now, just a few years later, both of those have become reality. I once again tip my hat to the wonderful guys at Warner Archive, who I'm sure worked their hardest to get both of these projects off the ground. I cannot wait to get my hands on this, and I'm excited to see what they have in store for the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what cancel culture has to say about Baba Looie's "Queeksdraw" dialect, not to mention El Kabong.

    ReplyDelete