Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Ruff and Reddy: The Finger Puppets

 Despite being the first characters created by the studio, Ruff and Reddy had a surprisingly little amount of merchandise made for it. Both back then and today, the characters are seldom seen outside of the cartoons, but there is one thing you can't take away from them: they got turned into finger puppets. Cool, I guess? I don't know, you guys can be the judge of this one.



Above are the three puppets produced: Ruff, Reddy, and Professor Gizmo. I'm not going to act like I know for certain, but I'm confident this is the only piece of Gizmo merch ever made. In all honesty, the likenesses for the characters aren't bad, especially for 1959. It's just an all-around weird concept for a product, at least for these characters. But for how weird it is, they could have definitely done a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment