Thursday, July 6, 2023

More From the HB Website: An Assortment of Articles

 As I alluded to yesterday, there was a lot more to the Hanna-Barbera website of the 2000s than just a couple of wallpapers and flash games. One of the more intriguing features was a series of articles written exclusively for the site. These were essentially "discussions" with some of the most popular Hanna-Barbera characters. Some of these focused on the characters discussing their tastes in music. Check out the images below to see what Fred Flintstone and Jabberjaw listen to in their free time. These were the only two I could find in this series, but I'm sure there were others done for characters from other HB properties. Also, fair warning: if you have a distaste for rock puns, you may just want to skip Fred's list.






In addition to these articles, there was another series simply referred to as "Four Questions." These are pretty self-explanatory: they take a random character, and ask them four questions. Initially, I only could find ones for Wilma and Jabberjaw, but since the URLs for both are the same apart from the character name, I figured I'd try to see if I could get a result for any other characters. The only one that I ended up finding was an article for Yogi Bear, but I am sure more were made. They just weren't archived in the way the others were. 












One thing you may have noticed about these articles is that the authors of each are not listed, and are instead referred to simply as "Saturday Morning Forever". This was the same name given to the video-streaming portion of the site, which is an entirely different topic for another day. If you're a fan of (potentially) lost media, you'll be in for a real treat when I touch that subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment