Friday, October 13, 2023

Video of the Week: Svengoolie Interviews the Women of Hanna-Barbera

 When it comes to the voice actresses of Hanna-Barbera, none were more prominent in their productions than Janet Waldo and Jean Vander Pyl. Their characters have been to the past, the future, and outer space, but in 1997, they visited the dungeon of Svengoolie.

Since it was Miss Vander Pyl's birthday this past Wednesday and Halloween is this month, I thought this was an appropriate video to share. As I said prior, this interview was recorded back around 1997, but was re-aired earlier this year as part of a throwback segment. It's a short segment, but it's great to hear Waldo and Vander Pyl reflect on their beginnings in the field of voice acting. Also of note, Jean Vander Pyl mentions at the end of the interview that she was going to appear as Rosie in the Jetsons Radioshack commercials. I always thought it sounded like her in those, but I have seen others believe it was another actress playing Rosie. Check out the video below.


UPDATE: Welp, as I'm going through and tagging old posts, it appears the video for this one has gone down. Worry not, though, as I have found another copy of the clip. This one does have the drawback of being filmed off a camera, but I don't like having a post here missing a critical component, so it'll have to do!




1 comment: