Monday, October 16, 2023

Creepy Jetsons Costumes from Ben Cooper

 Halloween is drawing near, so I thought it's about time to get into the holiday spirit! I plan on celebrating the day with a look at some of the many Hanna-Barbera costumes commissioned by Ben Cooper in the sixties, but I wanted to highlight these Jetsons ones in particular for two reasons. One, I didn't know any existed beyond George, and two, they are creepy! Don't believe me? Take a look at the masks below and screech in horror!


Now onto the costumes themselves, which follow that classic Ben Cooper template we all know so well. George is the first one I'll share, and the artwork of him on the shirt is the one that definitely looks the most on model.


Next up are, of course, the outfits for Jane and Rosie, who look quite off if you ask me, especially Jane! Also of note, Rosie's costume spells her name as "Rosey", which is how her name was spelled before the advent of the second season.



That's, as far as I know, all of the Jetsons suits Ben Cooper produced, but they're far from the only Hanna-Barbera characters the company turned into Halloween costume fodder. From Penelope Pitstop to the Banana Splits, they left practically no stone unturned, but you'll just have to wait 'til the 31st to see those!

No comments:

Post a Comment