Friday, December 22, 2023

Video of the Week: The Jetsons Celebrate the Holidays at Radioshack

 For the last video of the week before Christmas day, I've got a pretty interesting find I thought I'd share with you all. I'm sure you are all aware of the Jetsons Radioshack commercials that aired during the late 90s. As weird as it might sound, these commercials might be the last major piece of media that the Jetsons were featured in (although you could argue that title also goes to the Electrasol ads or that strange WWE crossover from a couple years back). These commercials are pretty well-known among fans, but here is one I hadn't seen until a few days ago. Fittingly enough, it's a Christmas advertisement, showing the family preparing for the holiday season. This aired in late '98, and is the only commercial from the campaign to feature both Mr. and Mrs. Spacely. It sounds like Cosmo is voiced by Jeff Bergman to me, who has voiced the character in all of his appearances since Mel Blanc's passing. Mrs. Spacely, on the other hand, is clearly voiced by Jean Vander Pyl, who voiced the character in the original series alongside Rosie the Robot. Besides Janet Waldo as Judy Jetson, she was the only original cast member from the show to reprise their role in these ads. Check it out below!



That's it for today, but come back here on Christmas day as I look through some of the many Hallmark keepsake ornaments based on the Hanna-Barbera library. After that, I'll be taking a short break until right after the new year begins. I've got some really exciting things in the pipeline for the first month or so of 2024, so be sure to come back here on the 2nd of January for the first of those posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment