Monday, March 18, 2024

Squiddly Diddly Pitch Art

 Here's a series I haven't really touched on before. Voiced by the genius Paul Frees and a master musician, meet Squiddly Diddly! Originally featured as part of segments in The Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel Show, Squiddly didn't quite make as big of a mark as those two characters, but all these years later, he still has his fans, and has made plenty of appearances in later Hanna-Barbera media.

Today, I share with you these pieces of pitch art done for Squiddly Diddly. Like the Impossibles ones I shared earlier in the month, these were done to sell the show to networks, and are pulled from Cartoon Network's old website. If I had to add my own two cents, I'd say I like how Squiddly looks here a bit more than in the final series. Not that the design we got is bad, I just think this one has more in the way of style and character.





No comments:

Post a Comment