Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Cartoon Network's Toon Mail, Volume 2

 About a year ago, I put together a post focusing on a series of bumpers that aired on Cartoon Network during its earlier years, entitled "Toon Mail." I mentioned that it was likely more existed, and lo and behold, I was right! So here are the other ones I could find online. Again, I doubt this is all of them, and it wouldn't shock me if a few are just lost to time, so if there are any who may remember seeing them, I'd love for you to drop a comment describing them! Onto the promos!

The first one I'm sharing is a letter to Fred Flintstone, voiced by his then-current voice actor Henry Corden. This viewer asks him if he's seen Jurassic Park, to which Fred responds with a fun fact that might leave you all surprised! 


Speaking of Dino, here's a letter he answered from a fan in Georgia! Why is he purple with black spots? Dino shares why in quite a complex answer!


Moving on from Bedrock, this third promo focuses on Secret Squirrel, or more accurately, Morocco Mole answering on his behalf. Where does he get all those wonderful toys? Find out below!


An offshoot series of promos that continued this trend was titled "Smurf Mail", where viewers sent in mail to, obviously, various Smurfs. This one is addressed to Smurfette, and is definitely not asked by Gargamel. Smurfette's voiced as always by Lucille Bliss, but I cannot say who portrays Gargamel. It definitely isn't Paul Winchell.


The last video I'll share here features a whopping three promos from this series! Check out letters to Secret Squirrel (4:11), Space Ghost (8:05), and Handy Smurf (10:45). I actually shared another Space Ghost one in my first post about these, though it was in Spanish. I was curious whether it was Gary Owens or George Lowe who played him in these, and as you can tell from watching, it was the latter. I guess that's not too surprising, since he would've been the version of the character most viewers would've been familiar with at that time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment