Monday, April 22, 2024

Magilla Gorilla's Hand Caught in the Cookie Jar

 Few things bring me as much joy as weird and oddball Hanna-Barbera collectibles. Today, I'm presenting probably one of the strangest I've come across so far. It's a ceramic cookie jar of everyone's favorite animated ape, Magilla Gorilla. Sounds like a run-of-the-mill product, but wait until you get a look at the thing. To say they took a few creative liberties would be an understatement in every sense of the word. Remember the banana on his hat? Of course you don't!



Unfortunately, I couldn't find much in the way of info regarding where this guy comes from. All I know is it was produced by a company named Brinn's and was likely released during the original run of the series. I also noticed that there may be a variant version of this jar, sporting a green top instead of a red one. Apart from that, though, they are more or less the same. He's still got that charming, and maybe a bit creepy, grin on his face. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this spooked a few kids back in the day. I know I would've been!




No comments:

Post a Comment