Friday, June 28, 2024

Video of the Week: A Daws Butler Profile

 There are few people I like to talk more about on this blog than Daws Butler, and today, I've got another opportunity to do so. Check out this news segment from the eighties on Daws Butler's incredible career. He talks about everything from his early acting days to Beany and Cecil, but I think the highlight is the opening of the segment, where we see him alongside puppet renditions of Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound. We also see footage of his famous workshops, and what looks to be a table read of Laff-a-Lympics.


If you enjoyed this and would like a more in-depth feature on Daws' life, I suggest you give Daws Butler: Voice Magician a watch. Released shortly before his 1988 passing, it's an amazing look at his career, told by both himself and his many colleagues. The whole documentary is on YouTube, so it's not exactly hard to find, either. Watch it, and trust me when I say you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noah, I have a new blog. Could you put it on the feed on the right please? Thanks.

    https://petehalecartoonist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete