As a superhero action cartoon, you'd think Space Ghost would have been merchandised for all he was worth, but, shockingly, toys and other items from the show's original run are pretty scarce. But that doesn't mean they were nonexistent, as evidenced by today's focus: these Space Ghost puzzles released by Whitman. Whitman released several pieces based on the show, but I think these are among the best they had to offer. So let's take a look at some of these!
This first one shows Space Ghost leaping into battle in an effort to save his trusted monkey companion, Blip. Is now a good time to mention that I never particularly cared for Blip? He's certainly not the worst animal sidekick character Hanna-Barbera created, but for me, he was proof that they were a little too focused on sticking to their established formulas around this time, rather than doing what made sense for the show. That being said, the art here is lovely and dynamic, so I can't complain that much.
This second puzzle has our hero in the middle of a battle against aliens that appear to be the same species as the Creature King. The art style in this one is quite different from the more show-accurate look of the first one, but it's still just as good. Also, I guess Space Ghost must have forgotten his gloves in the dryer during this mission.
The last puzzle shifts the focus away from Space Ghost and towards his sidekicks, Jan and Jace. Here, we see them being apprehended by an especially frightening-looking alien. For once, I think I'm on the same page as Blip!
No comments:
Post a Comment