Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The Man Called Flintstone Cast Photos

 Back when The Man Called Flintstone premiered in cinemas in 1966, Hanna-Barbera released a set of promotional stills featuring the principal cast members alongside cardboard cutouts of their characters. I don't know what publications included these photos, but here is a nice collection of the ones that I could find online. Take a gander below to see Alan Reed, Mel Blanc, Jean Vander Pyl, and Gerry Johnson (NOT Bea Benaderet, contrary to what the internet may tell you) hang out with some of their most beloved roles.

I'll start this gallery off with pictures showcasing individual cast members. I love the second one, in particular, showing Fred and Alan with matching hats and mustaches. Sadly, I didn't find one of Gerry Johnson, which is one reason why I believe there are more photos in this set floating around. Another reason I feel that way is because some of these I only found while researching these photos!

 







Now, here are the ensemble photos, featuring one or more of the voice actors. As I alluded to earlier, one of these is in color, which makes me guess at least a few of these appeared in some sort of magazine from around the film's release. Also, as a heads up, some of these are admittedly pretty poor quality. You can practically count the pixels in a few!















If you happen to have any idea where these images are sourced from, or if you have ahold of a few yourself, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below. I'm sure there were more photos in this set, and it'd be great to catalog every single one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment